Thank you for the reply.

I ran into the situation because I wanted to copy the raw wikipedia
markup of a wikipedia page, which does use "{{". I had trouble copying
the browser formatted page. Possibly, there could be a special tag for
that. Since the view accepts Python code, there is probably a nice
work around. I will try some things and submit a hopefully clean
suggestion.