Thanks for the suggestions Alan.

> There is a CRYPT helper object of web2py that can be instanitated with
> different options. It is used for standard authentication. (I am not
> sure if if can be of use for
> AES)http://web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.validators.CRYP...

I do not think CRYPT has AES. I am planning on writing a small
validator similar to CRYPT, but using AES. Will probably use the HMAC
key as the default encryption string

> Maybe you could make custom Auth forms and let the use choose the
> input sources. You could also call extra authentication object methods
> to pre-define options in the model. For this purpose, a paralell
> object available at the model should store the extra settings.

This is configured by the admin in the model definition. the admin has
to select the table and field mapping.
The problem is if some one has a totally different user auth table
defined or if they want to use username instead of email id
so how can i build that in the function (motp_auth)

> The model's auth standard instance hast special settings for handling
> on-authentication events. It should be possible to catch on-login
> events and return without storing data.

I need to check this out. Will try and figure it out and get back.
Thanks :)