Hello again,

I'm pretty sure the first should be like this :

**********

def first():
    if request.vars.visitor_name:
        session.visitor_name = request.vars.visitor_name
        redirect(URL('second'))
    return dict(form=form)

NOTICE THE return dict(form=form), I think it's what is missing at
this step in the book (one page later it's corrected with the
FORM(INPUT()) form creation technic.

I'm kind of a newbie too but I guess without this it's not really
postingback (?)

If it works for you we should try to be sure Massimo gets the error-
reporting (so newbies don't get lost ;-)) to gather some kind of
"erratum".

Cheers,