Hi,

Looking to this list for guidance...

The web2py issue #369 (http://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/detail?
id=369) discusses a possible method of minifying response output HTML
(compressing it as in removing all extraneous whitespace). The issue
was closed with WontFix because "minify feature is now built-into
web2py". I looked through the book, 4th Ed., and the only minifcation
I found (http://web2py.com/books/default/search/29?search=minify) was
that of CSS/JavaScript (response.optimize_css).

In a later issue (http://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/detail?
id=624), again opened by yours truly, Massimo said, "Will fix the
book. This is already in stable." Yet the only minification I see in
the source tree is for CSS/JS (http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/
browse/#hg/gluon/contrib/minify).

I'd like to know where's my response.render({...}, minify=True) or how
else am I to use supposedly-existent HTML minification feature.

There is popular demand:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/1cd9856537e9a6db/392f2c8fc6c6ef4b

Thank you!