I have an application on google app engine.

I have used web2py framework to develop the application

I have a module in which I need to fetch the records from 3 tables and
the final set of records contain data from all the 3 tables.

Here each of my tables contain more than 1000 records so when I
implemented it, it started throwing "request time out error".

So I thought of implementing it using task queue.

While using task queue (push queue) . I have used the below code

def func():
    from google.appengine.api import taskqueue
    result=[]
    if request.vars.download:
        logging.info('Before task')
        taskqueue.add(url=URL(r=request,c='abc',f='hello')) # abc is
the controller
        logging.info('After Task')
    return dict(result=result)

def hello():
    logging.info('task queue implementation')
    return

When I checked the log 'before task' and 'after task' info are present
but there is nothing logged in the log for hello function(where 'task
queue implementation' should have been present).

Please suggest if there is anything I need to add to this code to make
it work or If there is anything missing that I am unaware of.

Thanks