I see.
That means neither cPickle nor session can be used.

A workaround can be like this--
Keep the dataset stored in session.
On client-side, after hitting the save button, collect the values of
elements in JSON array format.
I can't use request.vars.elmt, because I require to pass the class
values also (of html elements) to the ajax controller.
(These class values are set/altered after user-interaction.)
web2py's ajax function can't pass JSON array to controller.

Can you pl. tell how to pass JSON array to controller via ajax?
(maybe $.ajax ?)

Thanks,

Vineet