Mind that the Django they include is mostly because of the template
language that GAE uses for some of their interface when running
locally. I do not believe the Django ORM that ships with GAE actually
works on GAE. There is a fork of Django that does work called django-
nonrel but I do not know if that's the one they ship.  If I am wrong
please correct me.

For completeness I should say that google has in the past contracted
me to make sure web2py DAL would work with the SQL APIs too.

massimo