> I tried the above, which made the view's JavaScript invalid, I had to
> add '' to make it valid JavaScript:

> $('select#no_table_word').val()

> Testing this, results in the following url:

> .../init/hubaddressbook/locality_args_autocomplete/?term=Am

So jQuery doesn't find data in 'select#no_table_word' (it seems to be
returning an empty string). I assume that "Coach" can be any term to
be sent for the automplete feature. Check if the selector is named
correctly. You could add extra javascript to debug (for example send
the .val() output to a popup alert() window). Does that javascript
section start when a user types data in? (check wether the function is
called after the event)