Are you saying you want to call a web2py URL from a script and receive the
HTML output? You should be able to do that the same way as you would any
external URL:

import urllib
html = urllib.urlopen('http://[web2py url]').read()

Or using the shortcut web2py fetch method:

from gluon.tools import fetch
html = fetch('http://[web2py url]')

If you're running the script in a web2py environment (i.e., python
web2py.py -S myapp/mycontroller -M -N -R myscript.py), you can do:

html = response.render('mycontroller/myfunction.html', myfunction())

Anthony