> It should be made clear in the documentation that some db operations
> must use web2py DAL concepts. In the original, I added a field once
> using db.sqlexecute and once in the sqlite3 bash command line and they
> do not show in sqlform indicating some operations must have a specific
> format which is not defined in the current documentation.

Just to be clear, when you added the column to your db table via executesql
and the sqlite3 command line, did you also update your web2py DAL model
(i.e., the define_table() definition) to indicate the inclusion of the new
field? Or did you simply update the db directly without telling web2py
about it?

Anthony