You want to run the index function of your controller in a cron ?

Usually it doesn't make sense, but, in the example file

# file: applications/instore/modules/background_updater.py

from applications.instore.controllers.default import index

# instead of time.sleep(5), inside the function main()

I alson didn't understand what you want, if this doesn't solve your
question, try explain your use case.

Regards,

--
Luciano Pacheco