Mariano, if you are saying that importing anything and using "current"
object inside the modules that we are importing is a problem, so I guess we
really have a big problem!

Many small apps can rely on some basic model execution system, but even if
cached it would be still "strange" to have all of them loaded in cache. One
of the most brilhant features of Python and any other modern language is
the "namespaces" feature. So I can't imagine a big app without relying on
namespaces, modules, packages, classes etc.. Thats the best way for
programming in Python, and IMO: also thats the best way for programming in
web2py.

If threading.locals() has a problem,I think the goal should be to solve
that problem, not to cache the models or to create routing hacks. (* I
think map models is a good idea, but it is not a solution)

Do you have any further information about that issue?

--

Bruno Rocha
[http://rochacbruno.com.br]