This is the time entry widget included with web2py (slightly
modified): http://keith-wood.name/timeEntry.html. Note, when you click in
the input field, there is no calendar popup. Instead, as soon as you start
typing or hit an arrow key, you get a formatted time display, which you can
then change via arrow keys, mouse wheel, or direct entry. Seems to be
working when I test it with a field like the one you have defined below.

Anthony