On Friday, March 16, 2012 9:46:33 PM UTC-4, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Anthony wrote:
>
> I'm not sure, but I think if you have routes_app, it will ignore routes_in
> and routes_out in the root routes.py if the request is for one of the apps
> in routes_app. If you're using routes_app, then you also need routes.py
> files within the specific application folders as well.
>

> Offhand, I don't think so. Or at least if it's true, it's not intentional.
>
> routes_app is there for app-specific routing because the router has to
> know which app is being referenced in order to find an app-specific
> routes.py. But it *should* default to the global routes.py for any app that
> doesn't have one.

Yes, that's what I'm saying (I think) -- if the request matches one of the
routes in routes_app, it will only use the routes specified in the
app-specific routes.py and it will ignore the routes_in and routes_out
specified in the root /web2py/routes.py file, right? If I'm reading his
routes_app correctly, it always matches an app-specific route, so will
never use the base routes_in and routes_out.

Anthony