A mercurial repository cloned can be copied as any other windows
folder, you only have to copy the entire cloned application folder
(that includes controller, model) into your web2py installation
"applications" folder (at the same level as the scaffolding welcome
app), that will be enough for web2py to recognize the new application
and you'll be able to manage it as those installed with .w2p files*.
By the way, the new PyConUS talk "Ideas we stole..." covers installing
and managing applications from a console and with the administrative
interface.

* provided that the app you are copying works with web2py