I don't think we need to worry about this for a while. It doesn't say
"deprecated", but that it will be removed in a future version (semantics, I
know). But, they have not given any indication of what version, which means
they probably won't remove it until the version AFTER 2012 (2014, maybe).
And a lot of people are still using MSSQL 2000 and 2005. When the time
comes, it would probably be just as easy to make a MSSQL2014 (or whatever
you want to call it) adapter that subclasses MSSQL2, but uses varchar(max)
instead of text. Or even an option in MSSQL2 to switch between the two
names.