Can you show your modified web2py_trap_form function? Do you components by
chance happen to reload web2py.js? It looks like somehow
web2py_event_handlers() is getting called each time a component is loaded,
so each handler is created multiple times. If web2py.js is loaded only once
with the outer page, this should not happen.

Anthony