Greetings,

I'm starting with web2py and it seems to be the right tool I need for my
project.

My point is to upload a zip file to update or fill in a database (several
tables) including pictures.
This will be a feature of my application and (auth) users will be allowed
to use this feature.

Here are the steps:
- show a form with a file-type field (done)
- get the 20MB+ compressed file (zip or other) somewhere *
- uncompress it (or access the files on the fly, I'll see)
- get the CSV, check them and update the corresponding tables ...
- ... transforming the image path field contents to a web2py upload-type
field *
- get the pictures and put them to the upload directory with a web2py
generated name *
- display ok or error on success/failure

The * steps are the ones for which I need your help. I will manage the
other ones (uncompress, check...).

Code snippets:

db.define_table('t_product',
    Field('f_reference', type='string', notnull=True),
    Field('f_photo', type='upload'),
    Field('f_description_multi', type='string'),
    [...]

Compressed file contents:
- product.csv
- others.csv
- images/product 0001.jpg
- images/product 0002.jpg
- images/others 0005.jpg
[...]

the csv contents:
"023693240","file:///p/a/t/h/images/product%200001.jpg","bla bla bla",[...]

Till there, I've tried to get the uploaded file, but did not manage to find
it if it is not "stored" into an upload field, and I don't need that.

Yhank you for any help.

Le Mogwaï