> Well, to each their own. If you want to use it, go ahead. I think that
> since postgresql and mysql are both free, you would want to choose the one
> that's the best fit. Sqlite is built in and makes it easy to do the sample
> code and such, and it can be used in some cases, but if you have postgresql
> or mysql available, you'll probably be happier using those, especially
> since the same code will work on all of them.
>
> The question was, is it okay to use it for production, or is it not
> recommended. I still stand by my statement that it is okay, but it is not
> recommended.

"production" just means the version of the app that gets deployed to users
-- it doesn't imply a particular scale. SQLite is stable, reliable,
reasonably fast, and more than adequate for many production applications.
And it is in fact very widely deployed "in production" --
http://www.sqlite.org/mostdeployed.html.

The advantage of SQLite, particularly with web2py, is simply that it's
easier -- nothing to install or set up. web2py even creates the db for you.
If your app calls for it, certainly use Postgres or MySQL, but in many
cases, SQLite will do just fine.

Anthony