I have an existing application that I am trying to get running as AJAX with
web2py (locally, but eventually to run on GAE).  The application makes use
of class instances to store much of the data which would be used for user
sessions.  I understand that session can't be used to store class instances
but for the time being I want to keep the instances for each session (about
200K of data).   Sooner or later I guess I will need to save this data in
the data store, but at the moment I'm trying to get a prototype up and
running and reworking the code to get the data into/out of a database is
more pain than I can face atm.   The instances are pickleable (well,
cPickle doesn't complain)

My options seem to be:
* cache in ram using the session id as a key and
* dumping the instance to a string, saving the string to session  (on GAE
will this be the same as cache.ram?)

Are there other approaches?  What's the best way to go about this?

Also, in the next update of the documentation, this would be a useful
detail to include on the session related sections.

Thanks in advance

Brendan