Il 29/03/2012 19:14, rdodev ha scritto:
All,

Is it possible to have the DAL create/discover models from an existing DB (without providing the schema)? If so, how would I go about making sure the models are created? Thanks in advance.

if some of you are interested in you can find here a first release of my plugin I called "lookout" :)

https://sourceforge.net/p/pluginlookout/wiki/Home/

it can help you to look-out of your model and inspect data from any db connection you want (if reachable).

At the moment you have to know table structure such as its name and columns data type. I think it could be usefull each time you need to manage volatile data table without insertiting them statically in your model.

usefull implementation I'm thinking for the next future are the possibilities to automatically inspect db content such as table names and field feature and some procedure to import data from a csv file.

I'll be happy to receive your comments about it and if some of you would like to collaborate.

At the moment I've used sourceforge for hosting this... is there a better place for web2py plugins such as web2py slices? The old plugin site looks too old, isn't it?

cheers

     Manuele