Hi, All,

I have a piece of HTML that generated by LOAD helper. And there is a form
in it, quite similar to that component plugin_comment described in web2py
online book.
The problem I have now is, I want the prevent the form submitting if
failure to validate some fields, but I am not able to do that even I have
the javascript like below, which works for forms not in a component

<script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(document).ready(function(){
            jQuery("#someform").submit(function(event) {
                  if (fail_to_validate()) {
                      event.preventDefault();
                      return false;
                   }
           });
    });
</script>

I found that the form will always be submitted event with ajax_trap=True or
ajax_trap=False, and with or without the above script.
Anyone could give me some clue?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards