Thanks Anthony.  Two further questions (one nog web2py specific):

> 1. Will '.web2py_table' still be valid if  'divs'  were used as formstyle?

The entire grid is wrapped in a div with class "web2py_grid". That div
contains three child divs, "web2py_console" (for the search form, number of
results, and add button), "web2py_table" (for the table itself as well as
the submit button when selectable=True), and "web2py_paginator" (for the
page links when paginate=True). So, the "web2py_table" div should be there
regardless of formstyle.

> 2. How do you get your code into a frame properly formatted in your
> emails?  I am using Firefox to handle gmail and do not see an option on the
> basic editor to put code in a separate frame.

I use the Google Groups web interface
(https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/web2py), which now has
code formatting functionality (there is a code formatting icon on the far
right of the edit window toolbar).

Anthony