I defined the following tables:

db.define_table('Node',
    Field('createdOn',type='datetime',writable=False,readable=False),
    Field('modifiedOn',type='datetime',writable= False,readable=False),
    migrate=False)

db.define_table('Keyword',
    Field('word',length=128,default='',notnull=True,unique=True),
    migrate=False)

db.define_table('NodeKeyword',

Field('nodeID',db.Node,default='',notnull=True,ondelete='CASCADE',writable=False,readable=False),
    Field('word',length=128,default='',notnull=True,ondelete='CASCADE'),
    migrate=False)

The table Keyword contains keywords like counselor, mediator, coach ...
The table NodeKeyword should contain ids and keywords:
1    counselor
2    counselor
3    mediator

Is there a way to implement this in web2py? I now have a validator:

db.NodeKeyword.word.requires=[IS_IN_DB(db,'Keyword.word','%(word)s',zero='select

a value')]

and added the foreign key constraint to the postgres datbase manually.

I read about reference and list:reference in the book what exactly are they.

Kind regards,

Annet.