> Actually, it was a typo on my part...I did get it to work but now, working
> on 23,500 records and it takes so long to process..is that jquery??

With that much of data to load, your best bet would be AJAX.
dataTables plugin provides for loading data with server-side ajax function.

You might also look into infinite scrolling feature of dataTables.
In that, the data is rendered (DOM is manipulated) dynamically as you
scroll.

You may visit their site & search for AJAX & infinite scroll.
I am using dataTables AJAX for my work.
If you need my code sample, do let me know on this list.

HTH

-- Vineet