1.99.4, if it matters.

Some of my tables are missing from the 'Object or table name' dropdown on
the auth_permission New Record page.

The tables are all there, I can get at them from the admin interface and
from the application interface.

There are three cooperating apps.  init handles logins, sets up the auth
tables and two very simple tables.

To get at the auth tables, the other two apps have copies of db.py with
migrate always turned off.  These apps also have model files that define
their own tables as well as tables they share with the other app.  In the
case of a shared table, the non-owning app always has migrate turned off.

One of the apps has no problem setting up auth-permission.  The other
cannot see its own tables in the auth_permission pulldown.

As to the tables themselves, the structure is very generic.  The apps work
okay, except for this.

Has anybody seen anything like this?  After the better part of a day
puzzling over this, I don't have a clue what's causing it.

Thank you,
Cliff Kachinske