You can not just substitute FORM with SQLFORM.
In your case it is better to stick with FORM and use element to access and
modify the table inside the form.

tbod=form.element('table tbody') # the body of the SQLTABLE
tbod is a list of the table rows, so tbod[0] is the first TR
and each TR is a list of TDs, so you can append to each the checkbox or
anything else you need.

Hope this helps.