type
color
sound

car
------
model
maker
condition

I need to generate a grid with the table names, then under them the number
of columns there are. I have made multiple DAL objects for each database
like so:

dog = DAL('mysql://root:@localhost/dog)
car = DAL('mysql://root:@localhost/car)

I then thought I could just make select statements getting the count of
each column like this:

number_of_dog_colors = len(db().select(dog.type.color))

Of course my syntax for that is wrong and I got a :
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> 'function' object has no attribute
'color'

I was just wondering what the correct syntax to do that was, and if I'm
going about it correctly. Once I get the syntax correct, I was going to
make a list of all the table names, then get the count for each. If anyone
knows a better way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Cody Goodman