The idea is you use skeleton.css (now bootstrap instead) and superfish.css
if you want to stick with the scaffold app style, but you can drop them
completely otherwise. web2py.css is for some framework-specific things that
you might want to keep even if you don't keep the scaffold app style (flash
messages, form errors, grid, etc.). Even some of those things you may want
to change, but at least it's clear what web2py-specific things need to be
styled.

Anthony