On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Matt <mbroa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that web2py group membership is restricted to groups created by
> web2py. We have a situation where we are bypassing web2py's user management
> and using PAM directly. This works great for just logging in, but we have no
> access to group information because web2py is looking to its own database of
> user groups, rather than those of the system user. Is there an easy way to
> fix this? Could someone possibly give me direction on where the work needs
> to be done to implement this so I can get started?

It seems to me that the only thing blocking me from returning the PAM
groups for the auth module groups method (and related membership
functionality), is the ability to determine if a user has indeed
logged in through PAM or through web2py's user system. Is there a way
to do this? Does it make sense to update the web2py user tables to
include a login-type column?

Matt