Edit: I want to temporarily store uploaded file in memory, *then* call API
to put this in-memory file to my Key/Value storage. When I put this
in-memory file (Value) to Key/Value storage, i will get back a *Key* from
it, and save this Key to RDBMS. When i want retrieve this "blob", i will
get this Key from RDBMS, then query Key/Value storage to get file(Value)
and streaming back to browser.

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:41:18 PM UTC+7, minhcd wrote:

> Hi, I think your recipe will work ;)
>
> My situation is different a bit from Naveed. My database is RDBMS, but i
> want to store uploaded file in a Key/Value storage(NoSQL). How can I
> intervent to store/retrieve process?
> I want to temporarily store uploaded file in memory, *then* call API to
> put this in-memory file to my Key/Value storage. (and similar when have
> "retrieve" request)
>
> Could you have me figure it out pls?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> On Friday, April 13, 2012 8:22:02 PM UTC+7, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
>>
>> I have not tried it but you can do
>>
>> class EncryptedField(Field):
>>      def __init__(self,*a,**b):
>>            self.password = b['password']
>>            del b['password']
>>            Field.__init__(self,*a,**b)
>>      def store(self,file, filename=None, path=None):
>>            newfile = encrypt(file,self.password)
>>            return Field.store(self,file,filename,path)
>>      def retrieve(self, name, path=None):
>>            (filename, file) = Field.retrieve(self,name,path)
>>            newfile = decrypt(file,self.password)
>>            return (filename, newfile)
>>
>> the use
>>
>> db.define_table('person',Field('name'),EncryptedField('secret','upload',password='too
>>
>> many secrets!'))
>>
>> On Thursday, 12 April 2012 16:35:36 UTC-5, naveed wrote:
>>>
>>>   I wasn’t asking as how to encrypt the file itself, but how to
>>> incorporate it in to web2py’s existing excellent form upload and download
>>> system. Assuming that we have functions encrypt(file, password) and
>>> decrypt(file, password) which return the encrypted and decrypted file