Okay, I want to make the second field of a SQLFORM.factory depend on what
is chosen in the first field...  something like this...

form = SQLFORM.factory(
        Field('PN', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
        Field('Segment', requires=IS_IN_SET(['Segment1', 'Segment2'])),
        Field('Family', requires=IS_IN_SET(getFamilies(form.vars.Segment))))

Of course I can't use form.vars.Segment until the form is submitted, so how
can I accomplish this?

So that the field 'Family' takes the value of the field 'Segment', does a
calculation and returns the appropriate list of families.

I'm super new to web programming, so I apologize in advance if this is a
dumb question.