I would imagine that you would still have the same problem unless shared
hosts figure out a way to make uWSGI easier to use.

I have given up on shared hosting. The price of a low-end VPS is just as
low (and sometimes lower) as most shared hosting plans with MUCH better
performance. I have played with shared hosting from multiple providers, and
success really varies. I found myself spending hours getting it all set up,
when I can set up a VPS the right way in about 15 minutes.

You can find really good deals on VPS providers on webhostingtalk.com, but
I keep up with deals posted to lowendbox.com because they make sure the
providers are reputable before posting their promotions. I personally have
VPS instances from both ChicagoVPS and RethinkVPS and have been pretty
happy. Basically, you can get root access to a web server for $7/month or
less. They seem to handle traffic pretty well too for the price, but if you
have a high traffic site, you would want something more expensive (and you
wouldn't be using shared hosting to begin with).