On 10 May 2012 22:10, Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can turn off migrations globally for the entire db connection via DAL(...,
> migrate_enabled=False).
>
> Anthony
>
> p.s., Even people with a programming background find the DAL useful. :-)

I agree.  It is useful, but also limiting: e.g.  To work with
SQLFORM.grid/smartgrid/plugin_wiki's jqgrid you depend on DAL.

I very often find that for complex queries I spend a lot of time
experimenting to get the DAL version producing the same results as the raw
SQL and there are cases where you just cannot do in DAL what can be done in
SQL. In such case the use of tools like grid/smartgid is not possible in
this stage.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)