I developed my original app to use uuid-crossreferences in stead of the
normal 'id'-field.  The reason was that I wanted it to be consistent when I
move the database to another computer.

Now I am rewriting the app to make it more efficient and to make the code
cleaner - applying some new features that came into web2py recently - e.g.
archiving.

I am considering it to drop the dependence on uuid-references and move back
to id-based references and to keep the present references in the database
valid I am thinking (as an experiment) to do it in the following way:

* add a computed field to each table that use uuid-based references.  This
computation will then lookup the id in the other table based on the
uuid-reference.
* after confirming that the references work well, I plan to drop the
uuid-fields and uuid-based reference fields from each table using them. and
change the computed field to normal reference-field.
* remove archiving methods based on uuid which I have developed and use the
new archiving in the trunk.

Am I overlooking something?

I would like the opinion of some experts in this list on what I have in
mind please.  Is there still a place for uuid-based references?  When?

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)