Hello list,

Would anyone have an idea on how to accomplish reverse ajax ("server push") on free hosting like fluxflex/pythonanywhere?

If I'm correct, typical "comet" libraries require special web servers, so that is probably out of the question on typical free hosting sites.

For my own education I've implemented a little chat application using a "long polling" approach, where the server receives a request, and is looping and sleeping until some timeout occurs or until new info is available, but it very quickly uses up all my CPU quotum on e.g. fluxflex (I suspect that a statement like time.sleep(1) is counted as using 1 second of CPU time)

Is the only alternative to use GAE with their channel API ?

Thanks for any insights you may have.