Sebastian- I already have class hierarchies for my model/module stuff. What
I'm talking about using classes to handle controller logic- assembling
views, controlling access, processing forms, managing redirection, etc -
that stuff belongs in controllers, not modules. But the flat, one
function-per-controller design means the power of classes can't easily be
applied to that stuff. Sure, I could write a controller class hierarchy and
pull it into each function, but that seems like a lot of grunt work for
what frameworks like  kohana and web.py have out of the box with controller
classes.

PBreit- I'm doing this too, but again, lacks the organization of classes.

I'm not saying the web2py way is wrong- I'm sure Massimo has a reason for
setting things up this way, as almost everything I've seen is incredibly
well thought out- but I just don't see the upside of this approach, and as
my project has grown large I've found myself wishing I had controllers I
could subclass..