You must be very careful about multiple copies of table definitions.

Only one copy can be allowed to migrate the table.

Upgrading the tables in a production environment is tedious.  First you
must upgrade the models independent of the controllers, then use the admin
app to ensure all the migrations take place, then upgrade the controllers.

Very error prone.

I think Bruno has the right answer.