> I think I'm not mistaken by saying that celery is the most used library
> for this kind of operations, it's written in python and founded on rabbitMQ
> (also on others, but primarily rabbit) to handle queues. Seems huge, but
> it's fairly easy to setup (especially if you planned to use rabbitmq
> anyway) and can be used with a few statements to make very simple tasks,
> but can be extremely fine-tuned for most of the requirements out there.

A follow-up question, I'm a bit puzzled by the differences between Celery
and RabbitMQ. Is Celery the same idea as the built-in scheduler of web2py?
In particular, in my specific case, I just need to a channel which
transports data from one server to the other, and receiving end will save
these data into a database. For that, I guess RabbitMQ alone is sufficient.
Why do I need an extra Celery task queue? Is it for some scaling
consideration - that is, when I have multiple instances of server on each
end? Thanks.