Hi Ross,

The term Workflow can potentially mean a lot of things to different people,
and it certainly sounds like you're talking about business process
workflows.
I have been looking at (well, thinking mainly) about "workflows" in the
context of Data Integration applications, where there are many steps, and
one or many dependencies between the steps.   There would be an intial
"start" step, followed by path(s) of interrelated steps, endind in a final
"End" step. Somewhat similar to what you are talking about, but without the
human element.   Perhaps "Job scheduling with Dependencies"  is perhaps a
better word for it than workflow.

Would you say the workflow engine you're talking about is relevant to this
scenario?

Thanks