Hi Massimo,

Thanks for the answere. The documention available was clear to me
that the stripe APIs are to be used in the controller. I'm just trying to
understand if anyone is using the stripe supplied javascript, with Web2py.
Stripe's javascript is for sending the credit card data to stripe for
*validation
*and then receiving back a validated token. Yes, the stripe javascript is
not doing payment processing. The stripe javascript then posts the
validated token to the controller which uses the Stripe.API to make the
charge. Using the javascript for validation is stripe's recommend. At the
very least the stripe suplied javascript, it looks like, is causing some
problems with superfish.

It sounds like the present approach is for the controller to do
everything and I believe I can implement that solution. However, I'd rather
follow stripes's recommendations, and use their javascript to do the
pre-processing. I'll put some more time into the javascript problem and, if
I can, post back a solution.

best regards, James

That would be sent by the controller.