By default, instantiating Auth() automatically makes the application a CAS
provider, whether or not you actually use the app as a CAS provider. So, if
the app is not used as a provider, that table will simply remain empty. If
you want to prevent it from being created in the first place, before
calling auth.define_tables(), you can do:

auth.settings.cas_domains = None

Anthony