Have you taken a look at the Services and  REST documentation in the 4th
edition of the web2py manual? Here's a link to the online
version: http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/10#Restful-Web-Services

In short it's very easy to create rest services with web2py (even without
using the built in request.restful() decorator). If you already understand
ReST you can get going with a basic controller and the 'generic' views. If
ReST is new to you then you'll probably want to take a second to go through
the docs first.

I hope that helps.