Yes, something like that if your wanting to setup a xmpp server. That is out side the scope of this conversation. I would take a deaper looking into that server and see how it works. Most likely it's just a headless client and your going to need to use web2py to somehow interface with it. When you get to that point I would ping the list again. Good luck!
BR,
Jason Brower