Wing is indeed a great tool.  I use it for local-machine debugging all the
time and it has been a godsend.

Question -- has anyone had luck setting up Wing for remote debugging of
web2py processes on a different machine?  I have been able to remotely
debug simple Python scripts, but when I put the Wing hook code in web2py
modules, the remote debugger connects to the IDE very briefly then
disconnects.  So far I have tried putting the hooks in web2py.py and in
gluon / widget.py / start().  This seems strange because when running
web2py locally from the IDE, web2py.py is used as the "main debug file".  I
would rather not add the hooks to individual applications (controllers,
models and/or modules).  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks