actually I think jumbotron was never in the official release: it was used
nonetheless as a separate style both in the "examples" and the main
official site for presentation layout of the very first page (kinda like a
landing page) and I guess people liked it.

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Atwitter%2Fbootstrap+jumbotron&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1&type=Code&language=