Note, web2py will have the same limitations as any framework in this case.
Most things should work fine, except of course anything Ajax related
(including Ajax components). Most of what you'll lose can be discerned by
inspecting web2py.js. Javascript is used for the following:

   - Date/time picker for date and time fields (those fields will still
   work, but you won't get the special JS-based widget to enter dates/times).
   - Client-side validation of numeric fields (not a big deal -- can still
   do server side validation, which should be done anyway).
   - Flash message slidedown and fadeout upon click (so you'll have to
   display a fixed flash message on the page if you want one).
   - Slidedown of form errors (instead they will just show immediately when
   the page is rendered).
   - Pop-up dialog confirming record deletion on update forms.
   - Ajax, including Ajax components and the autocomplete widget.
   - The Superfish menu (though I think the new "welcome" app may be moving
   to a CSS-only menu, and there are obviously lots of other choices for
   displaying menus).
   - The search widget in SQLFORM.grid.

So, overall, you don't lose anything major, and there are easy alternatives
in most cases.

By the way, why is client-side scripting forbidden?

Anthony