Hello,

I am still working on learning the inner workings of web2py. At the moment I am
playing with custom validators. I have unfortunately been unable to figure out
how to get a meaningful error message returned to the user.

Here is my custom validator.

class IS_VALID_A(object):
   Name = 'IS_VALID_A'
   def __init__(self, object, error_message='Invalid Domain Name'):
      self.error_message = error_message
      self.d = object
      self.DEBUG = 'YES'

   def __call__(self, value):
      if self.checkrecord(value) == 'valid':
         return (value, None)
      else:
         return (value, (self.error_message))

   def checkrecord(self, data):
      value = 'invalid'
      return value

In theory that should always error and give me a message saying 'Invalid Domain
Name'. Unfortunately I just get the database table name back in the error. Is
that by design? I can't seem to find any documentation that outlines how to get
a human readable error back. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy.