sorry if i confused you by submitting 2 non-inclusive patches. :(  the
reference patch for
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/web2py/mKgLFC5pxcY is
what you applied, and with your change still works for me.

if the cursor patch in this thread looks ok can you add it as well?  this
is the same patch file with updated line numbers for tip of tunk.

thanks!

christian