Hi, thanks

It's a single instance of web2py on a single machine. There is a separate
application for each branch.

If doing this with links in the filesystem is the correct way, I was
thinking I could write a small python script to copy what needs to be
copied, link what needs to be linked, update the model, and create an empty
schema in my database. I just want to be sure of what can be linked, and
what needs to be separate for each application.

If there is some other way that is as simple and more correct, I'd like to
do it that way.